Monday, August 11, 2008

The longest week - 3

It is the same apartment where I stayed last time. Within 30 minutes, I was ready to go to office. When I reached office, it was half a day just before lunch. I didn’t feel much tired in office at least that’s how I managed there. The next day was supposed to be a holiday for us because of ‘Ascension of Prophet Mohammed’. So I thought I could have a long weekend where I sleep, sleep and sleep :). Unfortunately we had to work the next day which was not at all expected by anyone at the end of the day! After I went to my room I realized one of my friends had to go to India that night and so they came to my room and that night was again a bit sleepless night and no food because of all the sendoffs.

The next day, with no mood, went to office and somehow managed with a sleep when the sunlight directly flashed to my eyes :). When I was on the way back to my room, I was thinking, “I should go to bed very early today, no matter I eat or not I should first sleep which I need the most”. I stopped talking to myself when I reached my place. Though I wanted to sleep, I was hungrier too because of no food/junk food. I didn’t start my cooking so nothing was there to eat and my luggage was still there in a same condition I brought with only some clothes were out. Just went out to get some juice, cakes and some basic stuff for cooking so that I could cook the next day. Had some juice and cakes with milk at night meanwhile switched on the system and simply browsing. Some of my friends came online and was chatting with me, with one I felt something was wrong and with whom normally I don’t feel that way. I did not know/want to stop the chat just like that at that time and didn’t realize the time was around 1 am. But I was half asleep too.

Suddenly I got up when I heard my phone was ringing right next to my ear in the bed. ‘With half sleep and a thought in mind that some of my friends would be calling who are online now’ I just attended the call though I was confused what the need to call at this time. “Hello”. No reply from other side. I said hello again. No reply but I could hear some sound around the room from where the call was. I did not expect a blank call at that time. I was totally awake after shouting hello for so many times. Then slowly I heard something in a very low husky voice and was not clear at all. I immediately wanted to relate the voice with the voice I know but I couldn’t. It was totally a different voice. I was not sure whether somebody was calling from my home or my friends. I was asking some of my friends who were online but they had so many works than calling me at that time. I cut the call. Again I got a call after sometime, this time I noticed the number but of no use. It was like an international call; that is what I could think by the number. This time the voice was bit bold enough to ask me “are you still awake?” How do you feel when you are alone at that night time when someone tells you that you are awake as if that person is sitting and seeing in front of you?

When I asked who that was? No proper reply at all but saying weird and unrelated things. I was totally means totally afraid of who talked so rubbish and weird. One thing I was able to find out with that was some one was doing that purposefully. I got the call again and again and at one point I got more irritated than afraid and shouted like anything in that pin drop silence room which definitely would have heard to the people who were at the road if somebody was there. My voice echoed in the room; call was not active – could be because of 2 reasons – The phone was stunned by my voice or the person on the other side. It was the last call I got after some 10 times in an hour. It was around 2 am and nobody was there to explain my fear in that darkness. I couldn’t remember when I got afraid like this last time; it was so much that I was afraid of everything – the darkness basically. I was awake till morning thinking who would have called in this country where nobody knows me or my phone number than official. But he spoke in my mother tongue with the nativity of the coconut growing place!

No comments: